Yamaha - SB7X - Silent Brass Pickup Mute and Personal Studio for Trumpet & Cornet (with Brass Resonance Modeling)
You want to play when and as you like, without being confined to time or place… Yamaha’s next generation SILENT Brass™ makes it happen. The new SILENT Brass™ consists of a smaller, lighter, freer blowing Pickup Mute™, and the Personal Studio™, which features Yamaha’s exclusive Brass Resonance Modeling™. Used together, the two deliver the natural acoustic tone you hear when playing without a mute, making it feel as though you are playing mute free.
Please refer to table below for specs
1. PICKUP MUTE
The Pickup Mute combines a high-performance mute with an internal microphone to pickup sound. Significantly smaller and lighter than previous versions, the mute offers superior muting performance, delivers excellent intonation over a wide pitch range, and natural playability. A new compact design now lets you put your instrument in its case with the mute in the bell.
*Please note that the Pickup Mute may not fit some instruments with significantly different bell shapes or bell diameters. Please check before purchasing.
Lightweight and compact
The new SILENT Brass Pickup Mute is designed to be significantly smaller and lighter than previous models to improve the balance when playing, yet it offers approximately the same muting efficiency along with stable pitch over a wide range and unrestricted breath flow.
Adjustable pitch and playing feel
An adjustable rod allows the position of the mute head to be raised or lowered inside the bell while playing. This gives you the ability to customize the feel and the pitch to find the perfect fit for your own instrument and playing style. In addition, this allows the mute to be adjusted for a wide range of bell sizes.
Disassemble to compact size
The disassembled mute body halves can be stacked for compact storage.
*Do not stand the instrument on its bell when the mute is installed.
2. BRASS RESONANCE MODELING
The SILENT Brass features this unique Yamaha technology which uses the modeling of non-muted brass instruments to correct your instrument’s tone when the Pickup Mute is in place. The resulting sound is so realistic, it’s hard to tell whether or not the instrument is muted.
3. EXTERNAL DEVICE INPUT FOR ENJOYABLE, EFFECTIVE PRACTICE
By connecting to portable audio players or smart phones with audio playback capability, you can play along with your favorite tunes or practice with popular "minus-one" backing tracks.
*Stereo mini-to-mini cable sold separately.
|Model||PM7X (for Trumpet, Cornet)|
|Dimensions||82 x 139mm (3-1/4" x 5-1/2")|
|Weight||70g (2.5 oz.)|
|Internal microphone||Mini phone jack|
|Brass Resonance Modeling||Yes|
|Dimensions||70 x 20 x 98mm|
|Weight||71g (2.5 oz) without batteries|
|Jacks and terminals||MUTE IN, AUX IN, PHONES|
|Control||VOL. (volume), Reverb type, Power ON/OFF|
|Brass Resonance Modeling||Yes (It behaves correctly only when compatible Pickup Mute™ is connected to Personal Studio™.)|
|Power supply||AA alkaline or nickel-metal hydride batteries x 2 (3V DC)|
|Accessories included||Cable, Stereo Earphones, Owner’s Manual|
- In some cases, the Pickup Mute™ may not fit instruments that have significantly different bell diameters and/or shapes. Please check before purchasing.
- The Pickup Mute™ is not compatible with Marching Mellophones, Marching French Horns, Alto (Tenor) Horns, or Baritones.
- The SILENT Brass™ mute for Trombone (SB5X) and the Pickup Mute™ (PM5X) are not compatible with Alto Trombones or Bass Trombones.
- The SILENT Brass™ mutes for Flugelhorn (SB6X) and the Pickup Mute (PM6X) protrudes 3-4 cm from the bell.
- The Pickup Mute™ cannot be stored in the cases of French Horns with detachable bells.
- For information on compatibility with Yamaha brass instruments and cases please refer to the "Compatibility Table".
- Always remove the Pickup Mute™ from the instrument if the instrument is to be stored for an extended period of time.
- The PHONES jack on the Personal Studio™ STX is for stereo output (do not use it for mono output).
- Do not connect an earphone with microphone headset or similar device that has a 4-contact plug to the Personal Studio™. The use of such a device can result in severely degraded balance and sound.
- Do not connect the PHONE jack to a microphone input jack (or combined mic/line input) on a computer, etc., that also supplies power to the connected device (plug-in power).
- If you want to use the jack as an external output, do not connect anything to the AUX IN jack.
- Please note that Brass Resonance Modeling™ is only available when the STX Personal Studio™ is combined with a PM3X/5X/6X/7X Pickup Mute™. It is not available with any other Personal Studio™ or Pickup Mute™ models.
- AA batteries are not supplied. Please purchase separately.
- SILENT Brass™, Personal Studio™, Pickup Mute™, Brass Resonance Modeling™, and SILENT Brass™ logo are all trademarks owned by the Yamaha Corporation.