The MANTRA sounds full, fat and robust, more like the alto and tenor saxophones. Â It has incredible altissimo, and integratesÂ many new innovations. Â The legendary Courtney Pine, among many others, haveÂ switched to the MANTRA.
The MANTRA sopranoâ€™s innovations include new ergonomics, â€˜boundary-layer-effectâ€™ (similar to a sharkâ€™s skin which allows it to glide better through water), Theoâ€™s angled three-ring-strap-hook, improved bore design, advanced key adjustments. The result? The warmest, fattest, and more beautiful sounding soprano ever made!Â It includes many other features we keep secret, however, the effects will definitely be heard when you play the horn!
The MANTRA comes in three styles:
- StraightÂ â€“ The classic straight soprano. Â Big full and clear sound. Â Comes in Platinum or Vintified finishes.
- CurvedÂ â€“ A bit brighter and livelier. Big super clean sound that is easy to hear as the bell points upwards.Â Comes in vintified finish with gold lacquer keys only.
The MANTRA does not come with a mouthpiece so you can choose what is right for you. Â We recommendÂ the following:
- For a powerful sound theÂ SHIVA mouthpieceÂ is the perfect choice.
- For a contemporary full sound theÂ DURGA mouthpieceÂ is the perfect choice.
- For a darker sound theÂ GAIA mouthpieceÂ is the perfect choice.